Re: crosstools 0.43 Max OS X 10.4.9

On 5/24/07, Craig Davidson <craig_d@mac.com> wrote:
I am trying to compile the crosstools for an ARM on the Macintosh PPC
10.4.9 (Xcode 2.4.1).  I have tried a variety of different
combinations of gcc and glibc and all are failing in the compile of
stdio with the following error message:

awk -v maxerr=`\
   arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc  -S  -I../include -I. -I/Users/craig_d/
build-glibc/stdio-common/errlist-compat.cT
*** errlist.c count 126 vs Versions sys_errlist@GLIBC_2.0 count 123

 From what I can tell, the Versions is being set to a default value
instead of 2.3.  Any suggestions on how to attack the problem?  I
have looked at Schaller's build.sh and did not see anything in it
that should make a difference.  I did use Fink to install gawk, gsed
and gmake.

I haven't dug into it at all, but a quick search says:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-09/msg00236.html mentions
that (when using --host, like crosstool does), you have to touch
stdio-common/errlist-compat.c to get around that.
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SetUpAToolChainOnAMac
repeats that suggestion.

Alternately,
http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2006-06/msg00065.html claims
this error can be caused by a missing gawk.

If those don't help, maybe somebody on crossgcc can give you better advice.
- Dan