Re: mini-ct: configuring and building binutils

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 12:42 +0200, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> On Saturday 05 May 2007 23:26, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > i should be relatively safe to configure and build binutils
> > with the following:
> >
> >        ${BINUTILS_SRC_DIR}/configure \
> >                 --host=${HOST} \
> >                 --target=${TARGET} \
> >                 --prefix=${PREFIX} \
> >                 --with-sysroot=${SYSROOT_DIR} \
> >                 --disable-nls
>
> Works for me. That's what ct and ct-ng do (except the user can pass additional
> configure options.

Oh. DO rename those makefile variables. make them MINICT_HOST,
MINICT_PREFIX and so forth.

Somebody is going to want to insert your makefiles as-is under an
existing build system, and it is highly likely that unqualified variable
names are being used in that build system already. By giving them a
canonical prefix, you can help the users avoid errors that result from
Makefile variable export in recursive makes.
--
Jonathan S. Shapiro, Ph.D.
Managing Director