Re: cross compiling shared libraries leaves host RPATH's in them?

Leon Woestenberg wrote:
when building shared libraries in a cross-compile environment, I notice
that my libraries pick up some host RPATH.

This causes overhead (I see an strace of 15 bogus lookups) and a
security hole if the path includes /tmp/.

What's the proper way to build shared libraries so that their RPATH
matches the installation destination?

I don't have specific experience with this, but if your rpath is wrong, I'd suspect two things:

1. maybe your specs file is wrong and not matching your native host
2. maybe your build script is passing bad -rpath to ld

-Nathan