Re: crosstool cleanup, again ;-)

Zhenya,
All,

On Thursday 22 February 2007 1525, Zhenja wrote:
> Obviously, I get error in this configure script
[--SNIP--]
> But how do I know - what particular error it was?

The full text is available in the installation (prefix) directory.
If your target is "i586-unknown-linux-gnu", and you installed in
"/opt/x-tools/i586-unknown-linux-gnu", you'll find there a file named
"i586-unknown-linux-gnu.log"

I will add a comment in the error message pointing to that file.

Also try to build the same toolchain with the original crosstool, and report
wether it succeeds or fails. If it fails, then I'd say "Not ct-ng's fault". If
it succeeds, I'd say "Let's investigate".

Again, crosstool-NG is not yet stable, and you might encounter bugs and/or
limitations. If you really need a toolchain, use the original crosstool.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |