Where to start for EP9302 toolchain

I have an EP9302 evaluation board which has the Crunch FPU like the EP9312. I have had a lot of difficulty getting a toolchain to build, with and without floating point support. Now, I am trying the crosstool route with the arm-ep9312 profile as posted on this list a while back. The following e-mail says that there are some problems with compiling some code with this toolchain:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2005-01/msg00093.html.

I want to do music and possibly video playback with this processor, I am an embedded newbie so I'm just trying things out, and if I can get away without fp support that would be fine too. What I want to know is where to start with building a toolchain that will work reliably for this processor. Would it be possible to create two toolchains, one with fp and one without, so I can compile most programs without but possibly the few that need it with.

I sincerely appreciate any help or advice anyone can give.

Thanks,
Chase Douglas