Re: difference between xscale and iwmmxt

EABI tool chain is certainly good. But upgrading from old ABI tool
chain to EABI tool chain will impact too much aspects, not only
upgrading tool chain, re-building applications, but also upgrading
kernel.

I think I can build a compiler with --with-cpu=xscale configuration
and a library for xscale. But I'm not sure if that is fine with
-mcpu=iwmmxt. Because -mcpu=iwmmxt is needed for those programs using
iwmmxt instructions, we cannot stop using it completely.

Hi Richard,
I'd like to know what ill-specified ABI iwmmxt followed. Could you
please share with us how you know them? Thanks.

--
best regards,
-Bridge