Re: cross compiler

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Haoli Shi emailed:

"[..] but after I execute the command ./configure, make and make install, I can't get powerpc-rtems-g++, powerpc-rtems-gccbug, powerpc-rtems-sorttimes and so on, [..]"

It would be strange to run make followed by make install if make ended with an error and did not produce powerpc-rtems-gcc etc. So I suspect that powerpc-rtems-gcc etc. have been produced and installed correctly, but that you do not seem to be aware of where they have been installed or you have not added the directory to your PATH environment variable. If this is the case, I suggest you determine where it has been installed to (you could use the command
find / -name powerpc-rtems-gcc
on a UNIX(R) compatible operating system, but it may be easier to inspect the file config.log where you ran ./configure or just run
make distclean
./configure --prefix=/where_you_want_the_crosscompiler
make
make install
(as you specifically mentioned these commands, I suppose you are not using Dan Kegel's crosstool from HTTP://Kegel.com/crosstool/ ) then powerpc-rtems-gcc should exist at /where_you_want_the_crosscompiler/bin/powerpc-rtems-gcc so if you use the BASH shell you could do
export PATH=$PATH:/where_you_want_the_crosscompiler/bin
so that you can run the program by simply typing powerpc-rtems-gcc instead of /where_you_want_the_crosscompiler/bin/powerpc-rtems-gcc each time.

Regards,
Colin Paul Gloster