Re: !(fun) with tls

Thanks for the email Mike,
I'm actually the sysroot route here, which I believe to be the path of least
resistance since the Debian binaries are well established and unchanging.

I'm:
building binutils -> building gcc with sysroot -> crashing
specifically I'm getting the "cannot find i486-ar message, which I highly
suspect is some obvious newbie mistake but it's stumping me.

I'll throw a short script of it at you tomorrow when I'm back in the office.
If you wouldn't mind glancing over it and telling me if I'm crazy I'd
appreciate it.

(sorry if I'm drifting a little OT here for crosstool)
I tried to use crosstool, but it was forcing some things on me that I don't
think made sense for my situation, specifically building glibc, which I don't
think I should be doing.

thx for all your help,

Nathan Z. Gustavson
Engineer & Perpetual Student