Re: Add additional libraries to crosstool build script

On Monday 05 June 2006 200, Doug Crawford wrote:
> I have successfully built a toochain with a cygwin host and linux-ppc target
> using the crosstool build script.  The only thing I need to add is a few
> additional shared libraries and associated headers: png, jpeg, and zlib
> (libpng, libjpeg, and libz).  Is it possible to modify the crosstool build

crosstool is about toolchains. You're listing application-side libraries.

> script so that it automatically pulls the sources for these libraries and
> builds them with everything else?  If not, are there any special tricks to
> build these libraries from scratch using my new cross toolchain?

In your case, I'd take a look at some of those:
  - buildroot
  - scratchbox
  - ptxdist
  - openembedded

Look at a thread in this list titled "General cross compilation 'problem'" for
(more) pointers.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |