gcc and -fvisibility=hidden

hi all,

i've built gcc 3.4.5 and i'm using it for distcc. unfortunately, my first test case is firefox. it seems to set -fvisibility=hidden and other visibility options. trying to compile anything with this option results in gcc reporting it as an unknown option (on both my sparc and cygwin built toolchains). gcc on my gentoo box has no problem with this.

is there some sort of option in need to set building gcc in crosstool to allow this option to be enabled?

thanks in advance,
rob