search path for cross gcc

Hi,
I'd like to know how to set the search path of glibc for cross gcc. Suppose I
have mips-linux-gcc installed, when I type 'mips-linux-gcc test.c -o
test'. I think
the tool chain should find the glibc of mips/linux autmatically. Yet,
it's just the
problem I'm meeting with. It can't be searched out.

I did use the flag --with-sysroot when built the binutils and gcc. And
the header
files can also be found in the search list, which has included the sysroot path.
And I also installed the glibc under the sysroot. But, still can't be found.

/tmp/ccOgTDmg.o(.text+0x154): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `printf'

Thanks,
Eric.