Re: Taking the hatchet to crosstool

On 3/8/06, Martin Guy <martinwguy@gmail.com> wrote:
>   I finally had enough of all those horrid files in crosstool's top
> directory ...
>  * Moved *.dat to data/
>  * Moved *.config to config/
>  * Moved demo-*.sh to demo/
>  * Moved *.sh to scripts/
> Would this create embarassment for people who have
> their own sets of patches to
> crosstool that they apply to each release?

Probably.  Let's take it a bit slower, and do one of your
little cleanup steps per release.

> How do people feel about this reorganisation? Is the fresh air it
> creates worth the hassle?

What I'd like to see first is a script that generates
the demo scripts from buildlogs/*.dat.txt or buildlogs/all.dats.txt.
It would first blow away the 'demo' directory, then fill
it with a bunch of scripts.

Could you attack that?  I'd gladly accept that patch.
- Dan