Re: iWMMXt Linux EABI cross toolchain

Steven Newbury said the following on 03/03/2006 02:33 AM:
--- Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:

On Thursday 02 March 2006 23:59, Steven Newbury wrote:
--- Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
On Thursday 02 March 2006 23:15, Steven Newbury wrote:
OK I think I might have solved this. The toolchain.eclass script was
enabling all languages when the glibc headers are present rather than
when glibc has been built. When the configure script detects that c++
is a selected language it adds -shared-libgcc to the xgcc CFLAGS!
err, what ? toolchain.eclass ? you're using Gentoo ?
Yes! I'm using gentoo! :-) I have now got cross-gcc compiled with threads
so I should be able to build glibc (nptlonly) now fingers crossed.. I
couldn't get it to build without threads. Hopefully I'll have more luck
now..
well you should have said so in the first place, i would have probably paid a

bit more attention as to what's going on

how are you installing your cross-compiler ? did you use crossdev or are you

emerging stuff by yourself ? arm/nptl doesnt exist in any of the current Gentoo glibc ebuilds and i dont really plan on backporting anything ...
That's no problem, I've created an overlay and using CVS HEAD
binutils/gcc/glibc.  AFAIK it's the only place with everything in.  I'm
emerging it all myself.

Seems glibc doesn't want to enable nptl for plain arm-* which it has wrongly
determined I'm using... I am using --with-cpu=iwmmxt --with-arch=iwmmxt
--with-abi=iwmmxt, it is of armv5e compatible.
you should remove --with-abi=iwmmxt if you want a full EABI toolchain. this option enables IWMMXT EABI which is somewhere inbetween EABI and good old ARM ATPCS in addition you should select target as one of arm-*-*-*eabi target in order to let configury know that you want an EABI toolchain.

Steve

___________________________________________________________ Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with Yahoo!. Enter now. http://www.yahoo.co.uk/blackberry