RE: EABI PowerPC linker which libraries ?

On 02 February 2006 09:56, Frank Juergen-r58616 wrote:

> Hi, everybody  !!
>
> Up to now I use the gcc to call the linker with the option -mads or -msim
> and everything works fine ...
>
> Ok, now it's time to call/use the linker directly, the question which
> libraries should/use to build a normal c project ?

  Nope, the question is "Do you _really_ need to call the linker directly instead of using the driver which sorts out all these
issues for you automatically?"

> I include the libraries libgcc.a & libg.a but this is not enough ...

  See, that's the sort of problem the driver was written to answer.  The driver always adds '-lgcc -lc -lgcc' to the end of the link
line.  It may do other things too.  Your best chance is to at least study the linker commands that the compiler generates by giving
it the '-v' option when you compile and link with it.

    cheers,
      DaveK