Re: [discuss] Problem building cross compiler for x86_64

Dave Korn wrote:

Blimey, "cross-glibc" was just shorthand for "cross-compiled glibc", how on
earth you could claim to think I was talking about some kind of magic C
library that could somehow run on one machine yet the function calls take
effect on another? This is just pedantry with words!

When not knowing how this magic "crosstool" does things, from the messages here I thought having seen
people really producing their glibcs two or more times, once for each host and then still another time for the
native host and GCC when trying to create that with a crosscompiler...

If people really produce their glibcs only once (without fixing any bugs between the builds), then I have
nothing to complain or correct, this is really just as things should be... The C library will be built only once
and tested thoroughly and then copied into each host where it is needed. That should be clear. And if it
is already built and thoroughly tested by some company and its customers, why anyone would like to
rebuild it?

As told, I'm against all this "Siberian will teach" bullying, saying people that they must do the same things
again and again, from scratch all the time.