Re: problem powerpc linuxthreads not found - macosx

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:23:51PM -0800, Philip Rakity wrote:
[snip]
> *** On GNU/Linux systems it is normal to compile GNU libc with the
> *** `linuxthreads' add-on.  Without that, the library will be
> *** incompatible with normal GNU/Linux systems.
> *** If you really mean to not use this add-on, run configure again
> *** using the extra parameter `--disable-sanity-checks'.
[snip]

I think I know this one.  Is this message output when the glibc headers
are being installed, prior to the bootstrap compiler being built?  If
so, that should be OK.  If it is being output during the real glibc
build, that's probably bad.  Search for "Install glibc headers needed to
build bootstrap compiler" and "Build glibc and linuxthreads" (or more
generally "^+ echo" to find major crosstool progress messages) in the
log file and determine where the linuxthreads message occurs relative to
them.  If between them, you should be OK.

Ron