what's the proper include search path for the cross-gcc?

  i'm sure i'm about to embarrass myself here but what is the
appropriate include directory search path for the generated cross
compiler?  that is, following up on the earlier posts, if i write a
program which contains the line

	#include <errno.h>

where should my cross-compiler (say, sh3eb-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc) look
for that header file if i don't explicitly hand it any "-I" options?

  i build my toolchain using the "sys-root" option so i currently have
a nice sys-root structure under ${HEADERS}/usr/include.  is that where
the cross-compiler should look?

  and how can i print out where a header file would be found?  i tried
the "-print-search-dirs" but, while that prints the search sequence
for shared libs, it doesn't say anything about how a given header file
would be located.

  i'm sure this is trivial stuff, i'm just realizing that maybe i
don't understand it as well as i should.

rday