Re: bootstrap gcc still not thread-smart -- the details

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 01:17:34PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >                 --without-libs \
> >                 --with-newlib \
>
> ive never used these options, ever (or their opposite --with-libs /
> --without-newlib)

well, here's a simpler question -- does the bootstrap compiler need
*any* thread support at all?  your previous email shows your stage1
compiler with no thread support.  perhaps i'm trying too hard to
hammer thread support into the bootstrap gcc for no reason.

having said that, that means i better be able to build an NPTL-aware
glibc in the next step with that threadless bootstrap gcc.

is *that* what i should be aiming for?  perhaps it's not my bootstrap
step that's borked but the following glibc build step.

rday