Re: linux kernel building for mips malta target board

David Daney wrote:
Also, make sure to NOT use any of the 4.1 GCC stuff with Linux/MIPS
kernels. I am still tracking down errors with it.

Are these problems in gcc, perhaps? If so, you only have a few weeks left to report them before the cutoff for gcc-4.1's release, I think.

It has not even branched from the mainline yet. Anything that prevents us from building the linux kernel would be a regression, and could be fixed up until the final release (perhaps in January).

I guess I was including a month or so of padding because MIPS is a second-tier platform, and the chances of a bug getting fixed are a lot higher if you report it a month before released as opposed to a week before release.

Incidentally, I seem to recall that the gcc maintainers
would like in general to not branch until near-release
quality is achieved, then release very soon after the
branch.  So in a sense, once the branch is made,
it may be almost too late to fix a bug in a secondary
platform.
- Dan

-- Trying to get a job as a c++ developer? See http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html