Re: crosstool bloat

Dave Korn wrote:
----Original Message----

From: David Karlton
Sent: 20 September 2005 23:51

btw, is there a web interface to reply to a message?

Not that I know of, not in the official web archive anyway.

i wasn't cc'ed on
the "Building on Fedora" thread i started, and i'm not on the mailing
list.

  gmane.org is your friend.  You can browse it like a news server as well as
use a web interface.

i just want to report that this patch worked!

Uhh, did it? Your more recent posts keep on mentioning that "60k of dead
air". What's the status on this? A guy on the binutils list recommended a
more recent patch: see

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.binutils/25019

cheers, DaveK

Still have the bloat issue, but I *was* able to build the toolchain on Fedora now (the issue with the glibc-2.3.2 configure script complaining that my gcc 4.0.0 compiler was not acceptable).

So, this thread (crosstool bloat) is still an issue, but the "Building on Fedora" issue has been resolved (though now there are posts on both threads related to the bloat problem).

dk