Re: Building Native ToolChain (SH3)

On Friday 12 August 2005 01:12 pm, Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> That said i still cannot get the toolchain to work, I've changed all
> prefixes to /usr and the dirs look fine. ld still complains about not
> finding crt1.o. The full line is :
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/sh3-unknown-linux-gnu/3.4.4/../../../sh3-unknown-linux-gnu/bin
>/ld: crt1.o No Such File: No such file or directory.
>
> Starting to feel like this problem is due to something stupid, something
> with the above line bugs me. Like why isnt it saying that /usr/bin/ld
> cannot find crt1?

i'm actually battling with this atm with Gentoo/portage :)

i'm cross-compiling a native compiler from amd64 host for an armeb-softfloat
target ... the target gcc cant find crt1.o because gcc isnt
including /usr/lib or /usr/include in its search paths ...

you can hack around the issue by symlinking /usr/sh3-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/
to /usr/lib (assuming thats where the C runtime objects), but that clearly
doesnt sound like the right answer to me :)
-mike