Re: glibc-2.4 changes

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 11:29:14PM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:

> > If you think that it'll be easier for people to get patches in now that
> > stuff has been moved to 'ports', I disagree.
>
> Why do you think that?

Actually, I've been wondering why you think that it _will_ be easier.
I don't see how deleting a bunch of code from the main glibc tree will
make it easier to get patches to said code in.

Admittedly, I've not been following the entire discussion, but I think
that the glibc announce email makes the intent rather clear:

	http://sourceware.redhat.com/ml/libc-announce/2005/msg00001.html

# This add-on package contains code supporting machines and operating
# systems maintained only by volunteers, not as part of the core glibc
# maintenance effort.  It presently contains some disused code for
# abandoned ports that worked many years ago, as well as the Linux/AM33
# port contributed by Alexandre Oliva.

--L