Re: glibc-2.3.5 addon for ColdFire trouble using crosstool

Peter Barada wrote:
Which gdb/gdbserver are you using? It seems to be a bit buggy?

Its an old one, binary shipped a part of the BSP. I've hacked together a gdbserver from 6.3, and it seems to work about the same. I'll have to go bacn and look again just to be sure.

You used the matching gdb-6.3, right? I suspect it's not a good idea to mix versions.

Perhaps you might want to think about adding a build of gdb and for
those targets that can, a gdbserver... It would come in real handy...

On my list...

You may get to use printf debugging at this point :-)

That's the problem, the first printf doesn't even come out :)

Sorry, I meant "write to fd 1" debugging, and putting the "write to fd 1"'s inside the libc source!

I'm trying to rebuild the ehtire toolchain tossing in '-g' since it
doesn't seem that crosstool adds it in by default for the build of
glibc...

Hmm, should it? Red Hat does... - Dan