Re: [WAY OT]: need a windows-based PPC cross-compiler

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

 i spologize profusely for this OT post but, after googling, i still
haven't quite found what i'm looking for.

 i need a windows or cygwin-based PPC cross-compiler toolchain to
generate code for an 8xx PPC target.  i've done all my work on linux
using DENX's ELDK 3.1.1 PPC toolchain, and i'm deliriously happy with
it.

 sadly, there are some other folks who want to build the same
project, but they *strongly* prefer to work under windows.  and since
the entire build is managed by gnu make, it would seem that working
under cygwin is the only option.

 given the cross-compiler expertise on this list, i'm hoping someone
can point me in the right direction.  thanks.

rday

This reminded me of my problem. I had exactly the same problem with my colleagues.
They wanted IDE + C++ support plus ... bla bla bla
Made me sick to my stomack but what can you do when you're junior developer.
I'm using buildroot. This is becouse of some other issues. Crosstool is also good
but I havn't build toolchain under cygwin with it yet.
I've downloaded cygwin and installed apropriate packages. Mainly development stuff.
Then you download buildroot acording to intructions on their site and build your toolchain.
There were couple of minor problems becouse of cygwin environment.
Mainly becouse executable files in cygwin are ended with .exe. So some scripts
had problems. Nothing you couldn't manualy solve.
My lazy friends use eclipse with this crosspackage now. Compiled files were tested
on the target and they work. Threading and everything. :D

regards,
T.

http://buildroot.uclibc.org/