Re: CT 0.29 - stuck compiling gcc 4.0 glibc 2.2.5 ppc405: execvp: /bin/sh: Resource temporarily unavailable

5) cygwin already bypasses windows command line mechanism. You just have
to tell it to assume that the executables in /bin (or wherever) are
100% pure cygwin executables. See "man mount".

mount -f -X c:\cygwin\bin /bin
mount -f -X c:\cygwin\bin /usr/bin
mount -f -x c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /bin/strace.exe

Should these in fact be "c:\cygwin\bin\cygcheck.exe" instead?
I'm running it at the moment as you stated (4 x strace.exe)... I'll return with the result in a couple of hours when it gets to the point.

Btw, it should be "\\" in order to escape the backslash...

But nevertheless, I don't quite understand the above mount commands. Isn't the c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe the same as /bin/strace.exe for starters? Why the need for "aliasing" it?

Did you read the cygwin man page for mount, and see what the -X option does?

Also, in case you hadn't noticed,
I think Christopher didn't mean for you to use those
exact mount commands literally.  You probably need to adjust them.

Let's see.  I don't have Cygwin handy, but reading
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mount
I gather you'd want to do something like
  mount -f -X 'c:\DATA\crosstool-0.29' '/cygdrive/c/DATA/crosstool-0.29'
  mount -f -X 'c:\DATA\opt\crosstool' '/cygdrive/c/DATA/opt/crosstool'
Now, don't I feel like the stupid student! :-) I was a little to occupied serving my easter-dinner-guests - so I just copied it without thinking :-)

Having scanned the man-page I'm still a bit confused abouts it's doing. It's seems like I have to indicate each and every directory containing binaries in question explicitly.

But perhaps the only directory in question is the one containing the final crosscompilers "/opt/crosstool/blahblah/bin"?
I don't think it's obvious which executable is the one causing the "execvp" overflow - maybe "/usr/bin/install.exe"?

Sorry for my rapid execution...

BR,
 Martin