Re: Kernel headers.

Hi Mike,

The asm-generic directory seems to have been left out from the sanitized headers from: http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/

Won't this cause errors with packages that have source code that includes headers from this directory?

Best regards,

Steve

Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 01:05 pm, Daniel Kegel wrote:

I'm tempted to try using the sanitized headers for everything,
but I'll probably always keep an option to use the real
kernel headers, since the sanitized ones might not work
for every platform.

the uClibc project has only been using sanitized headers for 2.6 kernels and there havent been any real issues thus far for the common arches ... arm/mips/ppc/sh/x86 ...

Gentoo too only utilizes sanitized headers (we sanitize them ourselves) for native / cross toolchains and again no problems have come up (if you dont count bugs relating to headers that need to be sanitized :]) ... and we cover a bunch more arches than just embedded ones ...
-mike