Re: Compiling with other optimization?

Hi Enrico,

<snip>
I'm pondering on changing the Makefile for libgcj.so so that it does not include (most of) java.awt.*, javax.swing.*, etc.
This seems to be a good things nevertheless. I'm also planning to use java for some embedded system, so I'm very interested in smaller footprints.
Probably add some configure flags or better splitt off libgcj in several distinct parts. But thats really an gcj issue.
It is - and I've discussed it with those guys, as well. But they are busy with gcc 4.0.0, so don't wait up for that feature anytime near :-)
However, I succeeded in shrinking libgcj to approximately 6 megs, by doing the above...

Regards,
 Martin