Re: how to specify big-endian build for SH3 toolchain?

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   note how calling the compiler uses just the typical -m3 and -m[lb]
> > options, but calling the pre-processor adds in the options contained
> > in the $DEFINES variable.  is this what might be missing from the
> > current crosstool build?  (i'm still working my way thru some of the
> > logic.)
>
> Yes and no.  Trying to use a single toolchain for both
> big and little endian means multilibbing, i.e. storing
> .o's and .a's and .so's for both big and little endian
> in the same toolchain, and crosstool doesn't try to do that.

sorry, that's not what i meant, i guess i worded that badly.  what i
meant was that the developer might *explicitly* have to add the CPP
defines to his .dat file for the build -- i wasn't suggesting trying
to create a toolchain to handle both types of endian-ness.

but i don't think that's the problem, i'm digging through the glibc
build and i think i might be getting close.

rday