Re: problems building openssh -> is sysroot working properly ?

Get ptxdist and check openssh source & patches.
it's usefull for you. =)
I succeded cross-compiling with that patch.

Enrico Weigelt :

Hi folks,

when compiling openssh in a crosstool'ed gcc w/ sysroot I encountered the problem that libcrypto.so was not found although
it was on the right place and the configure script has the correct location (I placed openssl under /usr/lib/ssl/)

Further studies w/ strace showed up that ld tries to find the
libs in the host system (/usr/lib/ssl/xxx..), instead of searching
relative to the sysroot when -L... is passed. Passing the full library path via --with-ssl= to openssh didnt help, since it now cant find the include files -> gcc's include path seems to be properly under the sys-root.

At the end of the story I cant crosscompile openssh :((

How can I solve this problem ?

cu