number of vector template instances and pointers

Hi all,

This question is not related to the crosscompilers strictly, but at
least, I use a crossgcc... :)

When I create two vectors with different pointer types (e.g.
vector<char*> and vector<int*>), gcc compiles in two instances of vector
code. In SH architecture, it means cca. n * 10K of code, which is quite
big in our project.

The question is, can I somehow force the compiler to use the same code
for the two template instances?

Thanks,
Ferenc