Re: uClibc support

> In crosstools-0.28-rc35, in the contrib/ directory, there are some
> patches to support uClibc. Unfortunately, they only apply against
> crosstools-0.28-rc5, which is older and doesn't allow to compile with
> recent versions of Gcc and Binutils.
>
> Is uClibc support going to be officially integrated to crosstools ?

Hi, Thomas.  Yes, the plan is for crosstool eventually to officially
support uClibc.  Dan would like to make an official release of 0.28
first, and make uClibc support the first major feature added post-0.28.
This works OK for me, as I'm currently swamped under other projects,
and I wrote the crosstool-uClibc patch.  I still intend to rewrite the
crosstool-uClibc patch for 0.28-release once it's out, and if I can
squeeze the time, also for newer versions of uClibc (the patch against
-rc5 only handles uClibc-0.9.23, which is nigh on a year old).  If I
can convince the bosses at work that Linux/GNU workstations and gcc/uClibc
tools are right for the next project we'll be starting early next year,
then I'll be able to get to things quicker.  If not, this will all be
spare time stuff for me, and a bit of help would certainly be welcome.

                            -----Carl