crosstool success built on redhat 9

Hello,
I just joined this list, and want to report success in building
the tools with crosstool...

My host is running redhat 9, gcc version 3.2.2.

Yesterday I downloaded crosstool-0.27 and ran "demo-ppc405.sh".
It died pretty quick (actually wget was timing out).  I looked
into the scripts and noticed that for some reason wget was not
working for HTTP addresses.  If this is the red-hat 9 issue mentioned
on the crosstool website, here's an easy workaround...  The scripts
first look to the directory specified by the shell variable
TARBALLS_DIR to see if the file is already there, so,
for each of the downloads done by wget that were HTTP addressed,
I downloaded the files to the ${TARBALLS_DIR} directory then
re-ran the script, this allows the script to bypass the hanging
wget command.  A few hours later I had tools, headers and
libraries installed under:

/opt/crosstool/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2

I was not able to run the test suite because I don't have a target
running linux yet (that's what I need the tools for!).  I did however,
build a few small standalone apps that run on top of MicroMonitor
and they worked fine.

I apologize if this workaround has already been posted, I didn't
hunt through the archives to check.  The bottom line is that
the tools are up and running with minimal effort on my part.
I had been painfully trying to build this stuff for several days
prior to hearing about crosstool.
Thanks much Dan (& Bill)!

Ed Sutter