Re: bad ld64.so

Jean-Christophe Dubois wrote:
The one gdb/strace I have are 32 bits and don't seem to help that much
in my case. I could recompile them in 64 bits but then I would be unable
to run them (because of ld64.so). Unless I compile them in static mode

Static is good! Do they work then, though?

Well maybe glibc 2.3.2 is a bit outdated for PPC 970 and some support is
missing. It seems to be aver 1 year old. We are going to try the latest
from CVS just to check.

BTW, it seems that in (future) glibc 2.3.3, a new test for "altivec" was
added in configure which make the crosstool "build_gcc_header" hack fail
(for G5 at least).

No doubt. Patches welcome. - Dan