Re: Compiling with other optimization?

Now I've tried with "-Os" as optimisation, but I'm not able to see any difference in library-sizes. My libgcj.so is still around 50 megs -
I haven't noticed much size difference either with -Os (on linux-arm,
in my case), but since your library is 50 megs, are you sure you stripped it?
No, this is not the stripped version, that's right. The stripped version
is about 10megs - but that is still alot since my target has only 32 megs of flash.
I'm pondering on changing the Makefile for libgcj.so so that it does not include (most of) java.awt.*, javax.swing.*, etc.
That will give a couple of megs, I reckon...

But the times I've tried compiling my own jar-archives into .so files, I recall there has been rather huge difference in resulting sizes using -Os instead of the default (-O1?) - a factor of 1.5-2 was not uncommon, as far as I can remember (been a while)...

I guess Java stuff contains a *lot* of debug info, which of course isn't any smaller when you compile with -Os...
I guess you're right there!

Regards,
 Martin