Re: Toolchain for 2.6.6 an NPTL

Manfred Gruber wrote:
Hi I have build a 2.6.6 x86 Kernel with a gcc 3.2 but this toolchain has no NPTL Support.

I have build some toochains with crosstool for an arm target , but I don't know what Is the best toolchain for a 2.6.6 Kernel. I don't find any config files in the crosstool which support NPTL for x86.

Can someone give me his configs, or tell me what I have to patch and what I have to edit in the configs.

The first 'release' of glibc that supports NPTL is glibc-2.3.3, which was never officially released. You can grab a glibc-2.3.3 tarball of sorts from some distro's SRPMs, or you can grab it from glibc cvs: echo Enter "anoncvs" as the password cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources.redhat.com:/cvs/glibc login cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources.redhat.com:/cvs/glibc co libc I think the date they changed the version number was mid december 2003.

However, I haven't been able to build a toolchain using glibc cvs,
so some work is still needed, and the going might be a bit annoying :-(
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com