Re: Build Tools Problem

Eric V Van hensbergen wrote:
It may just be something screwy in my environment, but when I compile crosstool rc21 it dies when trying to configure glibc saying it cannot compute sizeof. I'm looking into it now...

That sounds like glibc doesn't think it's being cross-built: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2004-05/msg00087.html I've been mucking with the --build, --host, and --target parameters (I needed to change them so I could support canadian crosses), and that may have triggered it. Also, I added this patch: patches/glibc-2.3.2/glibc-2.3.2-cross-2.patch and perhaps that's the culprit.

In other words, don't blame your environment too hastily!
You could try dropping back to rc17 or so if you don't want to
dive into this.

I'm away for a week starting in an hour or two, glad I checked
my mail before I left!

By the way, your other problem with segfaulting when you use
my glibc... I wonder if the glibc you're using otherwise has
some patches that are needed on ppc64.  I haven't got one of
those systems handy, so the toolchains produced by crosstool
have not been tested there, and might well have problems.
You said your platform uses glibc-2.3.2r9.  Are you running Gentoo?
Maybe the problem is that glibc-2.3.2-r9 is Klingon, and mine is Federation :-)
- Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change