Re: ARM and interrupts

Grant Edwards wrote:

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 05:42:34PM +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:

I've written ISRs in C, but you don't want to do that with GNU. What you want to do instead is provide a "stub" ISR in assembly language (only two or three instructions), that calls the C "ISR". That way, you aren't dependent on gcc's intermittent support of the __interrupt__ attribute.

Is what you are saying basically that __attribute__((interrupt)) doesn't work?

It's not a widely used feature, so the likelyhood of bugs is higher than with other features. The H8 equivalent looks like it's working fine, but there have been fairly recent bugs where GCC wasn't saving a register that it was using.

I did find the doc on this after all (in gcc info page), and tried

The info page does claim that it works.

Maybe a build option that I've forgotten to pass is required to get this functionality, or perhaps I've passed one that disables it without knowing it? I'm not sure I want to spend more time trying to figure out about this, as it seems like the feature may in any case be considered as unreliable, so I should probably look for an alternative implementation.

__attribute__((interrupt("IRQ"))) void IRQ_Handler(void)

With a semicolon on the end, right?

I tried doing this in the function (forward) declaration with a semicolon at the end, and in the definition without one, and both...

but got

mc9328irq.c:88: warning: `interrupt' attribute directive ignored

Interesting...