Re: crosstool-0.27 demo-arm.sh fail

Marius Groeger wrote:
Actually, looking at this thread, I get the impression that toolchain
decisions are getting more and more based on gut-feelings than hard
facts. Kind of worrying, isn't it?

I *did* try real hard to actually run all the gcc and glibc regression tests, and worked hard to get the problems that showed resolved. So that's real data, at least, for ppc405/ppc750/sh4. My test results, such as they are, are recorded in the 'summaries' subdirectory of crosstool, e.g. http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/summaries/powerpc-750-linux-gnu-gcc-3.3.1-glibc-2.3.2.glibc.sum

If you want, you could fairly easily run all those tests, too,
and post the results here... that would help people make decisions
based on hard data rather than gut feel.

Most people don't bother running the tests and posting the results
simply because it's a lot of work, and they have a job to get done.
I was just lucky that folks around me agreed that regression tests
were important.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com