Re: crosstool and configure.in patches

> > I've been building a gcc-2.95 (from uclibc) using crosstool.  This has
> > many patches, and one of them touches gcc/configure.in.  I figured for
> > this to work, I'd need to run autoconf.

...which means you'll only end up with an analagous configure script if
you've got the same version of autoconf installed that the gcc maintainers
used when creating that distribution tarball.  Worse, if your version is
older, there's the chance it may barf on something in the configure.in
that requires the newer version.

> > Does anyone have a better way of handling situations like this.
>
> What patch, exactly, is it that touches configure.in?
>
> The right fix would be for that patch to also fix configure, imho.

I'd agree.  I needed to give both binutils and gcc mini-patches to get
them to accept *-*-linux-uclibc target triples (quadruples?), and for
binutils, I needed to touch gas/configure.  When I'm finally done and
post the patch, it'll patch both gas/configure and gas/configure.in
the same way.

                           ----Carl