Re: crossgcc on panther

Allen Curtis wrote:

Did you get any response to your posting? I was about to try the same thing.

No I didnt, but i figured out the way to do that.
http://developer.apple.com/darwin/tools/cvs/howto.html
the above link points to that apple cvs for gcc (try gcc2 for 2.95..) If that serves your purpose then you got one step less.
If not then you will have to get /usr/share/libtool/config.* and replace them everywhere in your copy of gcc (this is to make gcc recognise powerpc-apple-darwin). still the configure at gcc/configure would not recognise powerpc-apple-darwin. so you have to put the part about powerpc-*-darwin* from the same configure script of gcc2 at the above link.

At this point if your gcc is similar to the one I got then you will get a compile error. I difffed the files betn gcc2 and gcc3 (only the file that I got the compile eror in) and made only the patches to my own gcc (which is neither gcc2 nor gcc3 cvs) and then on it compiled. fine.

Btw i had LANGUAGES="c" set when doing this, so I dont know what errors you will get if you turnn on other languages.

Hope this helps
Spundun