Re: Help with gcc-3.3.2 for ARM

Aitor Garcia wrote:
--target=arm-elf ...

Everything has worked OK.

Yay!

What's the difference between arm-linux and arm-elf
targets ?. I think that arm-linux is to be used with glibc
libraries and arm-elf is to be used with newlib.
Is this correct ?.

Yes.

I am new in this and have read that for embedded
applications is better to use newlib rather than
glibc.

Depends on whether you have an operating system. If you have no operating system, you have to use newlib. If you have an operating system, you have to use either glibc or uclibc. (More or less.)

The target environment I pretend to run the
application is a at91rm9200dk board or something
similar but based it arm920t architecture.

Right, but is there an OS? If not, you're all set.

Thanks for helping me with this.

You're welcome! - Dan