unable to build arm9 gdb lack of termcap, termcap not provided by ncurses, rather terminfo

Hi;

  I'm still unable to build an arm9 gdb using Dan Kegel's crosstool
(http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/) and a patched (ncurses-5.3-20031025)
ncurses-5.3 because it complains about a missing termcap.  ncurses provides
terminfo but I don't see a termcap.  The patched ncurses-53 apparently builds
successfully if I turn off ada language support.  crosstool apparently builds
the arm9 cross toolchain successfully.  Perhaps I haven't placed the
libraries generated by ncurses in the correct location for the gdb build to
see them.  I copied /tmp/ncurses/src/lib/* to the lib dir created by
crosstool.  Perhaps gdb configure needs to be told where to get libraries
from?  Bzip2'd output from the gdb build attempt and the script that
initiates the build are attached.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott