Re: crosstool and cygwin

That, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the Cygwin Libtool maintainer has
pushed his patches upstream already, and is doing what he can to get them
canonical.

IIRC version 1.5 of Libtool should handle pretty much everything
Cygwin-related OOTB, which shows that patches are making their way
upstream.. I don't know what the exact status is, though..

rlc

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 07:39:16AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Yeah, but what a pain.  When will the libtool people get their
> act together and come out with a version that supports Cygwin?
> - Dan
>
> Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> >Cygwin comes with a Cygwin-compatible Libtool - re-libtoolizing is the best
> >way to go to get a proper Libtool.
> >
> >rlc
> >
> >On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 12:08:54AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> >
> >>Lots of people have asked whether crosstool could be
> >>used on Cygwin.  I haven't tried it yet, but tonight I
> >>got a copy of "Hacking your Tivo", and it happens to
> >>come with a script for building a gcc-3.2 under Cygwin.
> >>One of the strange things it does is patch all instances
> >>of libtools to work around a bug; it seems even the latest
> >>libtools is not compatible with cygwin!  Setting IFS to ~
> >>as libtools does causes problems because on Cygwin, one
> >>often finds ~ in directory and filenames.
> >>(See e.g.
> >>http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100058&group_id=25
> >>http://www.mail-archive.com/libtool@gnu.org/msg03746.html)
> >>
> >>A script that builds a MIPS gcc for TiVo series 2 machines is at
> >>http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27280&highlight=cygwin+compiler
> >>http://dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?s=8b335111c8c546232ec5a16cc86dc8a1&postid=115275
> >>It can't build a glibc, though, so it's probably not really going
> >>to be a big help.
> >>
> >>But (mostly as a reminder for me when I finally look at
> >>cygwin and crosstool), here are a few excerpts from that script:
> >>

> >># Patch ~ into ? in sources for binutils/libtool
> >>declare -a files
> >>files=(binutils-$BINUTILS_VER/ltconfig binutils-$BINUTILS_VER/ltmain.sh \
> >> binutils-$BINUTILS_VER/ltmain.sh.dso binutils-$BINUTILS_VER/ltcf-c.sh \
> >> binutils-$BINUTILS_VER/ltcf-cxx.sh binutils-$BINUTILS_VER/ltcf-gcj.sh)
> >>for f in ${files[*]}; do
> >> echo $f
> >> test -f $f.old || mv $f $f.old
> >>done
>
> --
> Dan Kegel
> http://www.kegel.com
> http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045
>

> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

"No, `Eureka' is Greek for `This bath is too hot.'"
		-- Dr. Who