Re: Pre defined #defines for different cross compilers ?

Anton Erasmus wrote:
Are there any documentation that describes the more generic #defines ?
I.e. Like a #define which is defined if the compiler generates Big Endian code,
or a #define which is defined if int is 32bit.
The idea is to try and write code which will be portable even across future versions
of gcc for 64 bit and other architectures.

#include <stdint.h> is the place to go for int size portability, I think.

There is some notion of endianness defined in
#include <endian.h>
Not sure how portable that is, though.

Otherwise, autoconf's the place to go for that sort of thing, really.
The newer versions of autoconf are pretty good; I use
them for detecting endianness at compile time,
and they don't rely on any gcc extensions.
- Dan

-- Dan Kegel http://www.kegel.com http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045