Re: (#pragma data-seg) equivalent in Linux ...

comp sci <compsci10hyd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am really not sure , but I think this is a
> normal memory shared among multiple processes.

 Why you don't simply get the usual books about the
Windows-Unix porting issues (Yes, Linux is only one
more Unix-clone after Idris, Coherent and whatever
there once was...:-), like the MS book "UNIX ANSI
C/C++/Fortran Code Migration" (700 pages) and being
downloadable as a PDF-file somewhere on the MS-site.
Just search it with this name... There is talk about
the 'Shared Memory' portings between Unix and Windoze.

 For descriptions about the Unix/Linux API there are
several books like the famous Stevens' "Advanced Programming
in the Unix Environment", this book must be bought but it
really is worth the money... Then there is that
"Advanced Linux Programming", also downloadable via:

  www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/alp-folder

but buying it could be recommended... Then there are
those SVR4 ABI docs maybe now available via:

  www.caldera.com/programmers/gabi

or something... These SCO/Caldera issues are really
a mess and guessing where the SVR docs earlier in the
'www.sco.com/developer/devspecs' now are, is not so
easy, especially when not needing to download them
once again... You could try to find them and then tell
where they hide now... Ok, the Linux IPC implementation
should follow the SVR one quite strictly (giving one
reason for SCO to have suspects from its origin...)

 Besides the MS book and those describing SVR4 ABI and
programming in Unix/Linux, told here, there can be many,
many others, but these came into my mind first...

Cheers, Kai