Re: ARM/THUMB Interworking in same file

Hello,

mckennad@esatclear.ie wrote:
[snip]

No reason, except the arm files in themselves will be very small, maybe 10-20 lines of C code, thus a whole individual file is a bit extreme.
I personally think that this would nevertheless be the best way since, AFAIK, the ARM/THUMB code generation in gcc is on a per-file basis (inheritance of Cygnus Protools).

The problem you mention does not have anything to do with source itself. We are speaking about generated code and I still do not see why you would not split you sources into different parts.
The ADS compilers themselves do not allow such a thing: there are two compilers (tcc and armcc) to handle the job...

To answer your first question, I do not think such a thing is possible. Attributes are GNU extensions of C and are architecture independent.
The ARM specific page of gcc manual (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3/gcc/ARM-Options.html#ARM%20Options)
should give you an idea of what is and what is not possible.

HTH.

Cheers,

Vincent
[snip