This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the crossgcc project.

Re: [linux-sh:02796] sh4 problem: "/lib/ no version information available"

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:56:12PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Oddly enough, objdump -p shows that there is indeed no
> version info
> in built for sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3-glibc-2.2.5
> or sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3-glibc-2.3.2, though there is version
> info in that file for the other five architectures I built (i686, ppc,
> sparc, mipsel, cris).
> Obviously I'm either building wrong, or there's
> a bug in how it's built on sh4.  Has anyone run into this?

This generally is a problem with GCC's crappy attempts to autodetect
features of the cross or target assembler and linker.  Read over the
output of configure and see if anything is looking particularly

I've seen this before but I can't remember what caused it.

Daniel Jacobowitz

Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ,
Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to