Re: Multiarchitecture linking

Erik Christiansen wrote:
>    Are you describing two CPU types on one board, sharing memory, or one
>    software product to be built for two distinct platforms?

Two CPU types on one board.  Actually, on one piece of silicon.

>    If the former, then it seems that you can share data memory, but not
>    code. The problem then surely reduces to linker command script
>    tweaking, to define the common area(s), and a few interlocks?
>
>    Err..., you wouldn't be contemplating sharing lots of fine-grain
>    symbols between the CPUs?

Yup.  One type of CPU is, in a lot of ways, more like a programmable
coprocessor.  Lots of relatively small code loads, all choreographed by
the other type of CPU.  It's be nice to get to chunks of code by name.

Data objects, too, of course.

It actually appears that the binutils can be configured in roughly the
way I want with the --enable-target option.  I don't have it working
yet, but it may do what I need without the hackery I alluded to.

Thanks

 - ken