Re: Building a cross-toolchain from scratch

>> >	alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel,
>> >	powerpc, s390, s390x, sparc, sparc64
>>
>> And how do the sh, ppc64, m68k folks get a build, not to mention
>> anyone that trying to develop for a *new* architecture?
>>
>> I want to track the active sources (CVS head) for various parts of the
>> toolchain so I can report failures *before* they get into a release.
>>
>> That's impossible if I have to wait for a 'prebuilt' glibc to show up....
>>
>> We *need* a method that relies only on a working C compiler so we can
>> bootstrap for *every* target.
>
>Which targets are you interested in? Just the ones that glibc supports?:
><http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/porting.html>

Personally I have interset in the m68k-elf, m68k-linux, ppc-linux
ppc-eabi and some others I won't mention yet.

That doesn't preclude trying to produce a method that can be used to
build for *any* supported target, both the linux targets as well as
the raw embedded targets.

Don't forget anyone who is trying to bring up a *new* architecture and
are actively makeing modifications to binutils/gcc/glibc so support
that target.  They need a method to build it from the sources.

--
Peter Barada                             Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                   781-852-2768 (direct)