Re: Building a cross-toolchain from scratch

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 02:50:20PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Hi Nick!
> I don't think you posted your recipe to crossgcc, so I'm forwarding it there
> from where I found it

Oops! I didn't know there was a crossgcc group/list! Thanks.  Also
keep in mind that you can download the current version (it has not
been updated since posted, yet, but some day it might) of this text
from:

http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/misc-downloads/xdvl/cross-toolchain-build.txt

> I wish I'd seen this before I updated Bill Gatliff's scripts to
> gcc-3.3; it looks like you ran into the same sort of things I did.
> (My scripts are at http://www.kegel.com/crossgcc, and I'm slowly
> updating them as I learn more.)

Did you take a look at the "xdvl" package, referenced in the text? I
think it could serve as a good starting point for automated cross-gcc
building scripts.

/npat

--
Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good.
  -- Mohandas Gandhi